What am I saying "whatever" to this week?
1} This weather. Already. It's the beginning of May and it's already 90 degrees here in NC. Seriously. WHATEVER. Not many of you know this but I DESPISE shorts. Why? Well, first of all I am about as translucent {yet not as sparkly} as a vampire, so I feel very self conscious in EVERYTHING I wear during the summer months. I pretty much avoid the sun at all cost and even though I love how I look with a tan, I can't bring myself to get color. I want to look 50 when I'm 50 not like an 85 year old bag of leather. Second, I have some issues with my legs that have only started in the past 5 years or so. I wasn't blessed with pretty little thin ankles, no I have full on kankles 24/7 and I can't stand them. I also have problems with my circulation in my legs and I have some cosmetic issues with my right ankle that always makes me feel like people are staring at me like I'm some circus freak. I haven't worn shorts in years {well, I take that back. I wore shorts a handful of times last summer when I was pregnant with Noah because I couldn't deal with the heat, but they were maternity shorts and those don't count} and unfortunately this year is going to be the one that breaks me down, I just have that feeling. If I don't invest in a few pairs of shorts I might not survive this summer. No joke. So, stay tuned to see if I actually do this. I have to admit I am a little scared.
2} Weird cookie flavors that look so gross but at the same time, I DO want to try. I went to Target this morning to get supplies for B's gift for his teacher this week and when I went down the cookie/cracker aisle, I saw this:
WTH is Nabisco thinking? I'm sorry but watermelon and cookie are not two things that go together in the SAME FOOD. Whatever. They play with your mind too because you know it can't be a good thing but there's that little voice in the back of your head telling you to put them in your cart because you know you want to try them. I however told that little voice to shut the hell up and put them back on the shelf for the next unsuspecting sucker to buy them. Bwahaha, take that Nabisco.
3} Lastly, I'm saying a big ol' WHAT.EV.ER. to cooking. Apparently this week I have made some bomb ass food for dinner and I have had some requests to share those recipes with y'all so here y'all go...
Marianne's Amazeballs Meatloaf
{it's actually just "meatloaf" but I thought the name change was appropriate}
- 2 lbs ground beef {don't use super lean or if you do, DON'T drain it because the fat is necessary to keep it from drying out and helps with the flavor}
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup bread crumbs {you can use regular or Italian, doesn't matter}
- parsley {i don't really measure this, just add enough to mix throughout}
- unlined muffin tin {do not grease or use baking cups}
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Scoop the meatloaf mixture and form into large meatballs. Press the meatballs into the muffin pan and glaze with ketchup. Bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy!
Marianne's Super Smashed Red Potatoes
- baby red potatoes {I honestly don't know how many I used, we had a bag of them in the pantry and I needed to use them before they went bad...but enough to feed however many people you need to works haha}
- oil {enough to coat - you can use olive, but I didn't have any so I used Canola}
- salt & pepper
- garlic {minced}
- butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Gently scrub any dirt off the potatoes. Boil the potatoes till they are soft enough to smash but still a little firm, you don't want them to be mashed smashed potatoes. Once the potatoes are boiled enough, strain them and put them in a large bowl. Coat the potatoes lightly with oil, salt and pepper and mix so that all the potatoes are covered. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and use the bottom of a flat glass to smash. Once you are done smashing them, melt a small amount of butter in the microwave and mix your minced garlic in and pour over the potatoes {again, I didn't really measure since I was winging it...use your judgement based on the amount of potatoes you are making}. Sprinkle salt, pepper and whatever other herbs or seasonings you want to flavor your potatoes with. Put the potatoes in the oven and bake them for about 20 minutes. Turn your oven up to broil and CAREFULLY watch them so that the tops get crispy but don't catch on fire {not that I know about that or anything}. Remove from the oven and serve! You could also put a dollop of sour cream on top too and some bacon pieces to dress them up if you want. Sky's the limit when you wing it! Enjoy!
That's all I have today, have a great Wednesday lovelies!
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing your thoughts! Please keep them positive!