Thursday, October 3, 2013

3 Boys, Baby Weight & Bling

A lot has changed since my last post....the biggest thing being that I am no longer the mommy of 2 boys...I am now a mommy of 3 boys. Yes, you read that correctly, 3 BOYS. No need to adjust your monitor or refresh your iPhone...sometimes I have to say it a few times myself before I realize that I am talking about ME, not someone else. I have to be honest that I NEVER thought in my entire life that I would be the mommy of 3 children, let alone 3 boys. Before Noah came, this house was 70% crazy and 30% peaceful. Now, it's 99% crazy and 1% peaceful (and that 1% accounts for naptime IF both littles nap at the same time...) It's not a bad crazy. Sometimes it's a stressful crazy and other times its just CRAZY crazy, but I wouldn't change any of it for anything in the world. I love all my boys and feel so blessed that God chose me to be their mommy. I know that my life will never be the same now that there are 3 and we might have to buy a 2nd refrigerator once they are all a little older because they will be going through food like starved cavemen but it will be totally worth it. Every. Single. Crazy. Sleepless. Coffee-fueled. Moment.

I have recently started my journey back to "hot mama" status and if you follow me on MyFitnessPal (I am thismommyofthree) you can see my journey there. I'm gonna be real open with everyone and actually post my weight and my goal weight. Don't expect any pictures just yet but maybe if I am feeling brave over the next few months I will post some. My goal weight that my body is happy with is 130-135, and my current weight is 159. I am already down over 20lbs just from having Noah and all the lovely swelling that made my legs look like tree trunks with toes. My good friend Caity and I try and get to the park a few times a week with our kiddos and we are logging about 4 miles walking and pushing strollers up and down hills (I have a double stroller we affectionately refer to as "the boat"). It's a great workout and we get time to chat about things and vent and laugh. I love that girl! I'm on a 1200 calorie/day limit and let me tell you, that's not a whole lot of calories when you think about it. Unfortunately I am not able to get on the Advocare, paleo or clean eating band wagon because it is pricey and when you have 5 people in one house and a tight budget you have to stick to what you can afford. I try and make good choices and we don't keep junk in the house so I do the best I can. My husband and I are also going to be starting the T25 workout DVDs this week or next which I am hoping will help a lot. I know it's only been a month since I had Noah and I am not gonna lose all the weight overnight, but it's still frustrating when your normal pants are too small but your maternity pants don't fit either because there is no baby belly anymore. I'm trying to be positive and remember that it took almost a year for me to lose the weight I gained with C and it will probably take the same this time around. I will say though that working out through my entire pregnancy (give or take a few weeks at the end due to medical reasons) was the best thing I could have done because I can tell my body isn't nearly as "fluffy" as it was after I had C. I didn't workout at all with him because I was sick and couldn't. So, I will keep y'all updated on my journey as I make progress and get back to my "hot mama" status! 

Lastly, if you follow me on Instagram (@thismommyofthree) you know I posted this picture last night:


Now, the watch retails for $20 and the earrings were on clearance down from $17 to $5.08. Guess what I paid for both? $5.08. 

Yep! 

"How did you score such an AWESOME deal?!", you ask. 

This is how! 

I receive Target mobile coupons through my text messages. If you don't get these you NEED to! Just text OFFERS to 827438 and follow the steps. You will get a link texted to you that will have this coupon in it which is good till tomorrow, Friday October 4th.


The coupon will give you a BOGO deal on any jewelry, watches or sunglasses and you will get the higher priced item (up to $58.99) FREE. That's right! If you find a $20 watch and a $2 pair of earrings all you pay is the $2 for both! Target isn't fixing this either so RUN, don't walk to your nearest Target and take advantage of this deal by tomorrow! 

Have a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Can we just be bestirs already?!? We're so much alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bestie...thanks, iPhone auto-correct! 😡

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! Please keep them positive!